Log in using the username and password we sent you!
Lost your password?
Question: Is it good for a pregnant woman to have sex?if yes,why?
Asked by 229purple26 to Jelili, Noel, Robinson, Shilla, Simon on 15 May 2018. This question was also asked by 869purple26.
answered on 15 May 2018:
Sex is good at any stage of pregnancy so far the lady in question is comfortable with it. Some studies also stated that it helps in making the vaginal passage easy for the baby during delivery.
However, the lady should seek advice from her doctor or midwife if she has any concern
Shilla commented on 16 May 2018:
A pregnant woman can have sex. Sex does not harm the baby in any way. The amniotic sac and the strong muscles of the uterus protect the baby and the thick mucus plug that seals the cervix helps guard against infection.
Sex in pregnancy has several benefits:
1. Lowers blood pressure,which is a good thing since high blood pressure is linked to the pregnancy complication preeclampsia
2. Reduces pain: Orgasm releases oxytocin, the “love hormone” which one study found to increase pain tolerance by 74%
3. Improves sleep:
-For moms: Sex is relaxing — so it helps you sleep better.
-For babies: The rocking motion of a sex session often lulls baby to sleep.
4. Boosts immunity: A study found that sex boosts levels of IgA, an antibody that helps avoid colds and other infections.
5. Boosts happiness: Orgasm releases endorphins — which make both you and baby happier and more relaxed.
6. Increases intimacy: Thank oxytocin again — it’s been linked to romantic attachment.
7. Speeds up postpartum recovery: Orgasms during pregnancy prepare the pelvic floor for childbirth, which in turn speeds postpartum recovery.
Log in to Reply
what are the effects of engaging in sex with someone of your own gender-female and female
why is it not advisable for pregnant women to have sex??
why is it that when a rhesus positive mother is pregnant with a rhesus negative child it is possible for the child to
what is vitamin B5? how does it help to cure cancer?
Can albinisim be treated?
WHAT GOES AND NEVER COMES DOWN
what causes albinoism in some people?
i have a friend who told me that recently she has been having severe headaches and she fears that she might be
View all answered questions
what sense is not active during the night and why?
1. Does crying reduce life span?
2. What makes the heart to beat?
3. can we prepare powdered carbon (IV) oxide and
What causes a navel to swell in babies
What is refractive index
Is it good for a pregnant woman to have sex?if yes,why?