Question: what are the possible causes of bipolar disorder?? and what are the symptoms and preventive measures for the illness?
Jelili Mustapha answered on 15 May 2018:
I don’t have detailed knowledge of this. But it is a mental health issue which will need the service of a psychiatrist and a clinical psychologist
Simon Masha answered on 15 May 2018:
Bipolar disorder is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. There are four basic types of bipolar disorder; all of them involve clear changes in mood, energy, and activity levels. These moods range from periods of extremely “up,” elated, and energized behaviour (known as manic episodes) to very sad, “down,” or hopeless periods (known as depressive episodes). Less severe manic periods are known as hypomanic episodes.
People with bipolar disorder experience periods of unusually intense emotion, changes in sleep patterns and activity levels, and unusual behaviours. These distinct periods are called “mood episodes.” Mood episodes are drastically different from the moods and behaviours that are typical for the person. Extreme changes in energy, activity, and sleep go along with mood episodes.
People having a manic episode may:
• Feel very “up,” “high,” or elated
• Have a lot of energy
• Have increased activity levels
• Feel “jumpy” or “wired”
• Have trouble sleeping
• Become more active than usual
• Talk really fast about a lot of different things
• Be agitated, irritable, or “touchy”
• Feel like their thoughts are going very fast
• Think they can do a lot of things at once
• Do risky things, like spend a lot of money or have reckless sex
People having a depressive episode may:
• Feel very sad, down, empty, or hopeless
• Have very little energy
• Have decreased activity levels
• Have trouble sleeping, they may sleep too little or too much
• Feel like they can’t enjoy anything
• Feel worried and empty
• Have trouble concentrating
• Forget things a lot
• Eat too much or too little
• Feel tired or “slowed down”
• Think about death or suicide
While currently bipolar disorder cannot be prevented, it’s important to be aware of early warning signs of an impending episode of bipolar depression or bipolar mania. Early recognition of bipolar warning signs and seeing your doctor regularly can allow you to monitor your mood and medications and keep the illness from escalating. Psychotherapy in combination with medication can help one leave a healthy life.
Shillah Simiyu answered on 16 May 2018:
The exact cause of bipolar disorder is unknown. Experts believe there are a number of factors that work together to make a person more likely to develop the condition.These are thought to be a complex mix of biological, physical, environmental and social factors.
1. Genetic factors: Some studies have suggested that there may be a genetic component to bipolar disorder. It is more likely to emerge in a person who has a family member with the condition.
2. Biological traits: Patients with bipolar disorder often show physical changes in their brains, but the link remains unclear.
3. Brain-chemical imbalances: Neurotransmitter imbalances appear to play a key role in many mood disorders, including bipolar disorder.
4. Hormonal problems: Hormonal imbalances might trigger or cause bipolar disorder.
5. Environmental factors: Abuse, mental stress, a “significant loss,” or some other traumatic event may contribute to or trigger bipolar disorder.
One possibility is that some people with a genetic predisposition for bipolar disorder may not have noticeable symptoms until an environmental factor triggers a severe mood swing.
what is vitamin B5? how does it help to cure cancer?
Can albinisim be treated?
WHAT GOES AND NEVER COMES DOWN
what causes albinoism in some people?
i have a friend who told me that recently she has been having severe headaches and she fears that she might be
what sense is not active during the night and why? (2 comments)
1. Does crying reduce life span? 2. What makes the heart to beat? 3. can we prepare powdered carbon (IV) oxide and (4 comments)
What causes a navel to swell in babies (1 comment)
What is refractive index (1 comment)
Is it good for a pregnant woman to have sex?if yes,why? (1 comment)